Using DataGrip as a Cross Platform IDE for Exploring Databases with WSO2 Identity Server
Hello Everyone :)
With this blog post I will explain how you can quickly get DataGrip tool configured on your Linux machine and use it to get wso2 identity server configured on a different database type.
I will be using DB2 11.5 as the database type to get the database scripts executed.
How to get DataGrip tool Installed on Ubuntu 20
- Visit https://www.jetbrains.com/help/datagrip/installation-guide.html#snap
- You can install the stable version of the datagrip tool and run it on your linux machine as below
sudo snap install datagrip --classicdatagrip
How to create a New Project in DataGrip
You can activate the trial version or paid version of the tool
Then go to New > Give a project name and create a new project
How to select the Database type from the Data Grip Tool
- Click on the + icon > Data Sources > Select the Required Database type (eg:- IBM DB2 )
- Add the Details of the pre configured database that you are trying to get connected to
- Download the DB driver from this window
- Click Apply > ok
How to Add a DB2 Script to DataGrip and run DB2 Script from WSO2 Identity Server
- Go to Run > Edit Configurations > + icon > database script
- Give a name
- Add target datasource ( your registered database will get listed. Select it)
- In the Execute > Script section copy and paste the script you want to execute ( product-is-home/dbscripts)
- Click Apply > Ok
- Then go to Run section > Click on Green icon to run the script
Now You have executed your database script against the created database using the DataGrip tool.